Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Arduous Task of Simplicity!

Hello! It's gonna be a crazy busy week for me as we are preparing to leave for a much-needed vacation, but I had 5 -- yes 5 July birthday cards that needed to be made before I leave and I decided that they had to be pretty simple, clean cards. I struggle with keeping cards clean and simple, as I tend to just add this element or this embellishment until it is loaded with detail. But, I was time-pressed to produce 5 cards, so I set out on the arduous task of simplicity! LOL

For this card, I decided to not use any Nestabilities to frame the main stamped image (can you imagine that?), but rather, I stamped the main stamped image directly onto the card front, just adding designer paper, a border and a few Robin's Nest Dew Drops. All-in-all, I was pretty satisfied with how they turned out...now I hope those recepients of these cards don't get a peek before they arrive in their mailbox. Here's the deets:

Stamp Set Used: Hero Arts "Cupcakes"
Cardstock & Papers: Doodlebug "Cherry Amore" Designer Paper, Color Mates Medium Berry Red, Paper Trey White Cardstock
Markers: Copic Sketch Markers - RV11 Pink, RV23 Pure Pink, RV29 Crimson, YG03 Yellow Green
Accessories: Martha Stewart Eyelet Border Punch, Sewing Machine, Thread, Adhesive, "Flame" Robin's Nest Dew Drops
Techniques: Basic Stamping, Copic Coloring, Machine Stitching

8 comments:

Linda Anderson said...

Gorgeous card Linda!!! Have a wonderful vacation! Going to the Outerbanks? We go in Aug.

Linda

peggysue said...

Wow I'm proud of you girl, you aimed for a target of minimal layers and achieved it, but kept it darn cute.

Candy F. said...

Very pretty -- I like it a lot. Love the cherry paper.

Traci M said...

Hi Linda! Not an easy task for you, but I just adore this and may just try it myself!! The copic coloring couldn't be a more perfect match with your designer paper either!!

Andrea said...

Hi, Linda. It is so nice to have found you. Your cottage is so lovely! Yellow is my favorite color for homes. What charm it gives yours!

I stumbled upon your blog by chance, but of course, I hate to use the word "chance," for like you, I am a Christian and therefore know that the Lord orders our steps.

I pray God's gracious blessings on you and yours today. May He shower you with abundant peace and joy.

Have a wonderful weekend.

In His Love,

Andrea

Judy Rozema said...

Simply gorgeous and FUN!! Wow!
Hope your vacation is fabulous!

Stacy Morgan said...

This is so sweet and pretty. I like the simplicity!

Laurie Wilson said...

You managed the simplicity wonderfully! Love this adorable card!