Cardstock and Papers: Basic Grey Urban Prairie Designer Collection, Paper Trey White Cardstock
Inkpads: Stampin' Up! Tempting Turquoise and Stazon Black Inks
Markers: Derwent Watercolor Pencils
Accessories and Embellishments: Scor-It, Cuttlebug, Cuttlebug Floral Fantasy Embossing Folder, Regular and Scalloped Oval Nestabilities Dies, Marvy 1" Circle Punch, Paper Piercing Tool, Sewing Machine, Thread, Basic Grey Urban Prairie Pink Large Brad, Brass Easter Egg Charm, Michael's Lime Green and White Polka Dotted Grosgrain Ribbon
Coloring Medium: Derwent Watercoloring
Special Techniques: Dry Embossing, Sponging
The card base was cut to 5" wide x 10" high from Paper Trey White Cardstock, scored in half, Three progressive square mats were cut to size: 5" mat out of Basic Grey Urban Prairie Pink Patterned Paper, 4.5" out of Paper Trey White Cardstock, and a third, to 4.25" out of Basic Grey Urban Prairie Multicolored Patterned Paper. I ran the smallest of the three square mats through the Cuttlebug using the Floral Fantasy Embossing Folder, which gave it a lot of interesting texture. All three square mats were glued together.
The image was stamped onto Paper Trey White Cardstock using Stazon Black Ink, and then colored with Derwent Watercolor Pencils and blending. The stamped image was die cut using the Regular Oval Nestabilities and then a scalloped mat for the image was cut using the Scalloped Oval Nestabilities Die out of a coordinating Basic Grey Urban Prairie Solid Yellow. I glued the two together and paper pierced free-hand each scallop of the image frame mat, as well as the oval stamped image.
A horizontal strip cut to 4.25" wide x 1" high out of coordinating Basic Grey Urban Prairie Patterned Pink paper was glued to the three square mats. Using my Janome Hello Kitty Sewing Machine ; ) I stitched the top and bottom of the horizontal pink strip, as well as all four sides of the largest pink patterned square mat.
The sentiment was stamped onto Paper Trey White Cardstock and then punched out using a Marvy 1" Circle Punch. I cut the circle in half, of course, I had to keep that in mind when I was stamping the sentiment. The half circle sentiment was then liberally sponged around the edge using Stampin' Up! Tempting Turquoise, and then I paper pierced free-hand around the edge, as well. The half circle sentiment was then glued to the card layers.
I ran a strip of Michael's Lime Green & White Polka Dotted Grosgrain Ribbon across the center horizontal pink, patterned strip, then popped up the matted, stamped image oval over top the ribbon using American Crafts Dimensionals. I added a bow to the ribbon strip and attached a Brass Easter Egg Charm to the bow. To add a little balance to the card, I attached a coordinating Basic Grey Urban Prairie Large Pink Brad to the upper left corner of the card. To finish the card the finished glued layers were glued to the 5"x10" Paper Trey White Cardstock Scored Base.