Saturday, September 13, 2008

A little buzz...

Today, I was a stamping busy bee! I am preparing some cards for some sneak peeks for Clear Dollar Stamps' October release stamps set for October 1st, but I cannot share those just yet. I did get a chance to make a card for a friend late this afternoon and thought that I'd share this one with my readers.

I have been making so many Fall and Winter type cards lately, that I decided that I wasn't ready to let go of Summer just yet. So, out came this cute dollar stamp set from Studio G. I decided to use the Bee and the "What's Up?" sentiment. I used designer paper from K&Co.'s "Mira" collection. I love this paper collection! The colors are so vibrant really pop! I used a gold colored paper for the background of the card, and cut a strip for along the top of the card with a coordinating gold and orange patterned paper. I cut a square out of another coordinating patterned lime colored paper and stamped the bee in black ink with Adirondack Pitch Black. I stamped the bee image again this time on Paper Trey white cardstock. I colored the bee with Prismacolor Pencils, blending the colors with Odorless Mineral Spirits and a Blending Stump. I then cut out just the body of the bee and then popped him up using American Crafts Dimensionals over top the stamped bee image. I matted the bee image with Paper Trey white cardstock sponging the edges generously with Stampin Up!'s Almost Apricot ink. I dot and line doodled around the white mat edges using a Sakura Black Gel Pen. Additionally, I dot doodled around the same mat closer to the bee image using a Bic Orange Fine Tip Marker. I line doodled around the bee image with the Sakura Black Gel Pen. I popped up the bee image on the white mat using the Dimensionals again.

The sentiment was stamped with Stazon Black Ink onto a solid gold colored piece of cardstock. I then punched the sentiment out using the large Stampin' Up! Oval Punch. I used the same punch to make another oval, this time in a coordinating orange solid piece of cardstock. I dot doodled around just the edges of the gold oval with the Sakura gel pen, as well as line doodled around the orange oval. I glued the gold oval over the orange oval, and popped that up with Dimensionals, as well. I embellished the sentiment using a yellow paper flower from Jolee's Boutique, punching the center and anchoring it with a black mini brad.

Additional embellishment on this is a felt stitched flower that I glued a black round metal dot from Colorbok in the center, and the grosgrain orange dotted ribbon is from an Offray Microspool.
I wonder what friend will receive this? Hmmm....

1 comment:

Linda Anderson said...

Totally adorable card Linda!!! I'm with you, I'm not ready for summer to end yet, even though fall is my favorite time of year. Go figure!

Linda Lou