The colors that I've chosen for this week's CDS Weekend Color Challenge are Stampin' Up!'s Real Red, Summer Sun, Black and White, as an Optional Neutral. If you do not have any Stampin' Up Inks or cardstock, you can still participate in the color challenge. Just use similar shades of the 3 colors mentioned, and you can refer to my card sample photo above, if you're not sure. Remember, you have all weekend to create something beautiful, and the most important thing is that you enjoy!
I picked these particular colors for the Weekend Color Challenge because I had ordered the "Farm Critters" set from Clear Dollar Stamps last month, but have yet to ink it up! I was dying to stamp with the chicken in the set. I love this chicken! So many cute possibilities with him! Okay...only with the deets:
Stamp Sets Used: Clear Dollar Stamps "Farm Critters"
Cardstock & Papers: Making Memories Red & White Polka Dotted Scrapbook Paper (from my scrap pile), K&Co. "Remake" Sunset Yellows DP Mat Pad, Sei Black Orchid DP, Paper Trey White Cardstock
Inkpads: Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, Stazon Black Ink, Stampin' Up! Barely Banana and Summer Sun Inks
Markers: Copic Sketch Markers: BG000 Pale Aqua, R27 Cadmium Red, Y15 Cadmium Yellow, Y21 Buttercup Yellow, Y26 Mustard, YR24 Pale Sepia, E25 Caribe Cocoa, C3 & C7 Cool Greys, Signo White, Red and Black Gel Pens
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Cuttlebug Spots & Dots Embossing Folder, Nestabilities Regular Round & Scalloped Round Dies, Nestabilities Tags Trio Die, Sewing Machine, Thread, Tsukineko Sponge Daubers, Fiskars Shaper Scalloped Scissors, 3M Foam Tape, Adhesives, Zots, Spare Parts Buttons.
Coloring Medium: Copic Coloring and Blending
Special Techniques: Basic Stamping, Sponging, Dry Embossing, Machine Stitching
A 5"x 10" card base was cut from Paper Trey White Cardstock and set aside. Three square mats were cut to size: Black 4.5", Yellow 4", and Red 3.25". A black and white patterned horizontal strip was cut to 4" wide x 1-1/8" high, a black horizontal strip to 4" wide x 1.25" high and a white horizontal strip was cut to 4" wide x 1/5". Using Fiskars Paper Shaper Scalloped Scissors, I cut along both 4" sides of the white horizontal strip. The black and white patterned horizontal strip was glued to the solid black horizontal strip and then they were glued to the white horizontal strip that had a scalloped edge on either side. Using a Cuttlebug and the Spots & Dots Embossing Folder, I dry embossed the square yellow mat.
Using my Janome Hello Kitty Sewing Machine ; ) ... I machine stitched along all four sides of the square yellow and red mats. The black, yellow and red square mats were all glued togehter, and then, the stacked black & white patterned horizontal strip with the white scalloped edges was stitched to the stacked, sewn and glued square mats.
The chicken was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink onto Paper Trey White Cardstock. I colored the chicken and blended the colors using Copic Sketch markers. A black circular scalloped mat was cut using the Nestabilities Scalloped Round Die, and a white circular larger mat was cut using the Nestabilities Regular Round Die. I glued the stamped and colored chicken mat to the black circular mat, and then to the larger white circular mat. Using a Signo White Gel Pen, I dot-doodled around the circular black mat. Using a Signo Red Gel Pen, I scribble-line doodled around the chicken's white circular mat. These 3 circular mats were then popped up overtop the card front using 3M Foam Tape squares.
The sentiment was stamped onto Paper Trey White Cardstock using Stazon Black Ink. Using the Cuttlebug and the Nestabilities Tags Trio die, I cut out the sentiment. With a Tsukineko Sponge Dauber, I lightly sponged around the edge of the sentiment tag using Stampin' Up! Barely Banana Ink, and then again, more heavily, using Stampin' Up! Summer Sun Ink. Using a Signo Black Gel Pen, I dot doodled around the sentiment tag for interest. I popped up the sentiment tag overtop the card front, flush with the circular chicken mats. Two red buttons were added to the sentiment tag sides for more interest. Using the Signo Red Gel Pen again, I scribble-line doodled along the 4 sides of the white card front. To finish the card front was glued to the 5"x10 white cardstock base.