Friday, January 30, 2009

Want Another Sneak Peek?

This pretty and versatile large stamp, "Watermill" will be a new February 1st Release from Clear Dollar Stamps. On this particular card, I decided to use my Nestabilities Labels Two die to frame the central portion of the stamp image, although the stamp itself has a larger image area, shown on my other "Watermill" card sample. This stamp is so much fun to color, and the possibilities of color medium is countless! For this card, I decided to try my hand at Copic coloring and blending my first scenic card. I thoroughly enjoyed experimenting with shadows, and blending for rich texture with this stamp. I'm sure you will too, as well as find many uses for this pretty stamp. Ordering and pricing details may be found HERE. Be sure to see my team members' blogs, Stacy Morgan, Linsey Rickett, Kim Teasdale and Laurie Wilson for some other samples to view using "Watermill". Be sure to see my team members' blogs, Stacy Morgan, Linsey Rickett, Kim Teasdale and Laurie Wilson for some other samples to view using "Watermill".

Stamp Sets Used: Clear Dollar Stamps "Watermill" & "What a Hoot"
Cardstock & Papers: K&Co. "Remake" Rose Reds & Ocean Blues Mat Pads, Colormates Medium Berry Red Cardstock, Colorbok Textured Brown Cardstock, Paper Trey White Cardstock
Inkpads: Stampin' Up! Bashful Blue Re-Inker, Adirondack Expresso Ink, Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
Markers: Copic Sketch Markers: C1, C3, C5, B32, BG000, BG15, G16, G82, G94, YG63, E25, E29, E31, E34, R08, R29. Marvy Artist Marker Dark Brown.
Accessories: Nestabilities Label One Dies, Cuttlebug, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots & Stylized Flowers Embossing Folders, Sewing Machine, Thread, Tsukineko Sponge Daubers, Aquabrush, Mini Spool Gingham Ribbon, Buttons, Twine, Adhesives, American Crafts Dimensionals
Coloring Medium: Copic Blending & Coloring, Watercoloring
Special Techniques: Basic Stamping, Sponging, Machine Stitching, Dry Embossing,

INSTRUCTIONS:
A 5" x 5" card front was cut to size out of Colormates Medium Berry Red Cardstock, and another mat cut to 4.25" x 4.25" from K&Co. "Remake Blues Mat Pad" Designer Paper. I ran the large red mat through the Cuttlebug using the Swiss Dots Embosssing Folder, and the smaller blue mat through the Stylized Flowers Embossing Folder for added interest and texture. The two mats were glued together and machine stitched along all 4 sides and set aside.

The main watermill image was stamped onto Paper Trey White Cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored and blended using Copic Sketch Markers. The clouds and sky were watercolored using Stampin' Up! Bashful Blue Re-Inker and an Aquabrush.Ink. I allowed the watercolored sky to dry overnight. When dry, I stamped the sentiment onto the stamped, colored image using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. The stamped and colored image was then cut out using a Nestabilities Labels One Die. Using a Marvy Artist Dark Brown Marker, I dot-doodled around all four sides of the colored, stamped image affter being die cut. I cut a brown mat for the stamped image using the next size up Nestabilities Labels One die. Using the same Marvy Dark Brown Marker, I drew "woodgrain" type lines around the brown die cut mat, to add a little rustic flavor to the image. I popped up the stamped, colored image over the brown woodgrain mat on American Crafts Dimensionals.

A strip of red and white gingham ribbon was run across the card front and anchored to the back of the card. The brown matted, stamped image was then glued to the card front. I tied two "bow knots" out of the matching ribbon, securing them onto the matching ribbon strip on either side of the stamped image. A button tied with twine was secured to each "bow knot" center for added embellishment.To finish, the card front was glued to the white cardstock base.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay Linda ... now I really know why I don't use stamps like "Watermill" because I can't do them justice like YOU! What a great card with such vibrant colours and your colouring is amazing! Also, the red checkered ribbon is such a nice added touch!

BethH said...

Such beautiful coloring. My goodness. My eyes would be crossed! These are just beautiful, Linda. Great cards....lvoe them both.