Wednesday, February 25, 2015

This Card Drove me C-R-A-Z-Y!


Hello! Boy, have I got a card to share with you...a real humdinger and not in a good way. When I reached for this cute Lili of the Valley stamp, I envisioned a fun, cute card that would give me much joy to create. NOT. I colored the little girl, had all my papers cut and trimmed and embossed the exterior white background...all was going famously well. Things started going south when I started sewing on this humdinger. The inside sentiment panel shifted while sewing and the stitching at the top of the panel almost ran off the panel...Grrr...But! I had a fix for that. A punched flower would cover that just fine...tee hee. So after solving that problem, I proceeded with embellishment...that ribbon bow...gave me a fit! I don't know why but I had a personal wrestling match with it. I won!

Continuing the headache of the making of this card...I cut out a 4.25"x11" piece of white cardstock for the card base and after I glued the card interior to the base, I realized that the card interior was wider than the card base. Grrr...I thought, "Hmm...I'll just trim that edge when I'm done." So, I glued the card front to the card base and that was a little larger, as well. You'd think, I'd check all that before gluing, wouldn't you? So, then I try peeling the whole card base away from the card front & card interior and the thing starts ripping. DRIVE ME CRAZY! Did I mention that yet? So, I got it peeled away and cut a new card base a little larger than the first one and then I saw that the card front was too long, so I proceeded to trim the bottom white area (which was below the green scalloped bottom on the front of the card). It finally fit the dang card base and I was so over this card by the time that I photographed it, that I'm only blogging it out of principle.  AAAUUUUGGGHHH! - As Charlie Brown said. I'm so glad this card is DONE.

Below, is a photo of the Copic colors
used in the main image.

The card interior, photographed below
with coordinating design and papers.

Okay, Here's the Deets:
Stamps: Lili of the Valley "Blossom", Inkadinkado "Hello, Girlfriend", "There She Goes "Blossom By Blossom" Interior Sentiment
Papers: Lili of the Valley NitWit Collection "Pastel Dreams" Designer Paper Pad, Paper Trey White Cardstock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools/Accessories: Cuttlebug, Cuttlebud Argyle Embossing Folder, Spellbinders' Circle Die, Martha Stewart Scalloped Border Punch, Stampin' Up! Dimensionals, Copic Sketch Markers, Sewing Machine, Thread.
Embellishments: Paper Trey Ink Aqua Mist Ribbon, Teresa Collins, Doodleug & Queen & Co. Enamel Dots
Techniques: Machine Stitching & Copic Coloring

Thank you for visiting! I always love to hear your thoughts and comments...


Traci M said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one...tee hee...I do more than my share of cards that aren't the right measurements and peeling away layers. I love the product, Un-du just for that reason. It has saved me many times while trying to remove layers! I love your card, it is adorable!! You sure do make these look easy!

Sue from Oregon said...

Despite all the headaches this gave you, it is a real cutie with lots of wonderful details! I have a tip to share that works a lot of the time. When trying to peel off something you have glued...heat with your embossing gun first...makes your life much easier!!

Sue said...

Hi Linda, this is a lovely card, you must have the patience of a Saint to put in such a lot of work! All worth it though, so pretty.
Sue. ️xxx