Thursday, January 28, 2010

Sing to the Lord...

I have one last stamp to share with you today and it is such an uplifting stamp to use and to share. "Sing to the Lord..." is a single stamp from Clear Dollar Stamps, also to be released on February 1st. This card's layout and design sort of evolved as I went along. I didn't have a real plan when I started out making this one, but I knew that I wanted to use the "Bitty Botanicals" again from CDS and incorporate this Basic Grey designer paper that had multiple hearts within it's design. So, I pulled from the lavendar, red and green colors. I also used the Nestabilities Ribbon Tag Trio Die for the first time, although it had been sitting in my stash for several months...I wanted to use it to frame the flowers from "Bitty Botanicals"...so I cut an additional oval, stamped the flowers on that, then popped that on top of the Nestabilities' Ribbon Tag Die, coloring each dot that is embossed all around the oval, in red, to further carry out the red contrast. The hearts are made from a small older punch and a Cuttlebug heart die. "Sing to the Lord...", a single, sentiment stamp will be useful and very versatile to your stamp collection. Tomorrow, I'll have another Clear Dollar Stamp single stamp to preview as well as an awesome stamp set, so I hope that you visit here again.

The DT members who created with this single stamp are:
Cassie Trask
Nancy Grant

Okay, here's the deets:
CDS Stamps: Sing to the Lord Sentiment, Bitty Botanicals
CS & Papers: Basic Grey Sugar Rush Paper Pad, Paper Trey Ink Bitty Box Basics, Paper Trey Ink Pure Poppy Cardstock, Paper Trey Ink Sweet Blush Cardtock, Paper Trey Ink White Cardstock
Ink: Stampin' Up! Lovely Lilac & Certainly Celery Inks, Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
Tools: Cuttlebug, Cuttlebug Heart Dies, Nestabilities Long Scalloped & Regular Rectangle Dies, Nestabilities Ribbon Tag Trio 2 Die, Nestabilities Regular Oval Die, Sewing Machine, Thread, Stampin' Up! Dimensionals, Copic Sketch Marker: R29 Lipstick Red, Karen Foster Click-It Hole Punch Kit, Robin's Nest Dew Drops, Zots, Paper Trey Ink Spring Moss Polka Dotted Satin Ribbon, Paper Trey Ink Button
Techniques: Basic Stamping, Dry Embossing, Machine Stitching

7 comments:

Cassie said...

Ooooo, love the bright red with the softer colors. . .very pretty, Linda. All your sneaks have been fantastic. Thanks for inspiring ;D

Tricia T said...

Wow! Beautiful!!

Stacy Morgan said...

So cheerful! This would make anyone smile, great colors and layout.

Linda Anderson said...

Now this is one beaut of a card!!!! I love it!!

Linda

Chef Mama Lori said...

LOVE your samples! That circle set is just adorable! I see more Memento inks in my future with those solid stamps. Way cool on the punches!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Beautiful!!! I love how you used the die cut too!

:-)

Unknown said...

Linda,
This card is stunning!
I don't think I have ever used purple, red and green together but now I am going to have to CASE!
I love it!
Hugs,
True :D