Thursday, January 28, 2010

Are You Ready for CDS Sneak Peek Week?


Good Morning and what an exciting and busy morning it is at Clear Dollar Stamps! Today, marks my internet return to CDS after a 3-month medical hiatus, although I've been stamping for a whole month prior, making February Sneak Peeks. So, I'm excited to be back designing along with the CDS Design Team! Clear Dollar Stamps has many, many new stamp sets as well as individual stamps releasing February 1st, so, if you visit the other CDS design team member's blogs, which are listed on the right sidebar, you will see many other stamps being previewed this week.

The first stamp set that I'm sharing today is called "Circle Somethings" and you talk about a fun and supercute set! The set contains half-circles and circles that have various geometric designs that you can stamp with, making different animals, plant life and such. It really is a lot of fun to stamp with and the combinations are endless, which will ignite your mojo!

I created this card, based on my inspiration from this designer paper (I often create my card designs based on designer paper inspiration). I was in Michael's looking to see what new and fresh paper was available, and ran across their "Recollections" line. The green argyle and orange spotted dots papers, really lent itself to this turtle card design. So, as soon as I got home with the paper, I got started on putting the whole thing together and I've got to tell you a story about the Martha Stewart Loopy Punch. Months ago, when everyone and their brother were making fabulous cards with the Martha Stewart Loopy Punch, and I couldn't find one anywhere, I had emailed my CDS designer team members asking them if they would pick up one for me if they saw one at a store near them...each one emailed back, saying how sorry they were that they couldn't find one. So, I was discouraged, thinking that I'd never find a Martha Stewart Loopy Punch, but that day that I was in Michaels...there it was! And on sale, yet! That just goes to prove that good things come to those who wait! Featured, below is another sample using CDS's "Circle Somethings".

The DT member who created samples with this set are:

Okay, here's the deets:

CDS Stamps: Circle Somethings
CS & Papers: Reflections Green Coordinated Scrapbook Papers, Paper Trey Ink Orange Zest Cardstock, Paper Trey Ink White Cardstock
Ink: Memento Tangelo & Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Up! Garden Green
Tools: Cuttlebug, Regular & Scalloped Circle Nestabilities, Martha Stewart Loop Border Punch, Karen Foster Click-It Hole Punch Kit, Paper Piercing Tool, Sewing Machine, Thread, Stampin' Up! Dimensionals, Embroidery Thread, Pebbles Ribbon, Paper Trey Ink Orange Zest Buttons
Techniques: Basic Stamping, Paper Piercing, Machine Stitching

9 comments:

Cassie said...

Love the green and orange together, Linda. Those little turtles are A-dorable!

K. Joy said...

Oh, this is SO cute! :) I love the colors and the layout.

Tricia T said...

Great card, Linda! The loopy punch is perfect, and the colors are outstanding!!

Unknown said...

SUPER Cute turtles!! Love the stitching and of course the loopy punch-- that's one of my faves too!

Stacy Morgan said...

This is adorable, I love your turtles you created! So glad you are back to the sneaks with us! :0)

Linda Anderson said...

Oh me oh my, what an adorable card Linda!!!! Love your papers and those colors are tremendously gorgeous!!!!!!

Mrs. Nancy G said...

Pretty-pretty! Neat color combo and love the stamping!

:-)

Kevin Renz said...

Love this card Linda! Such clean and fresh colors to work with.

Laurie Wilson said...

This turtle cards is my fav from you this month! I just LOVE the orange and green! I love how you worked the plaid pattern and loopy punch, the dot bow... everything is stinking adorable!