Friday, May 29, 2009

This is the second sneak peek sample that I created using Clear Dollar Stamps' "Peony" stamp set. This set is a must have and it is only $7.99 for the whole set! You can purchase it here at Clear Dollar Stamps. Since I created such a warm hued peony card on the other sample, I wanted to do something "cool" hued -- and I had this luscious designer paper from the Paper Company that has a fantastic shimmer to it, IRL. My camera did not pick up that quality very well, but it's gorgeous paper, just the same. The peony was stamped, colored and cut out for the paper tole effect again and the card was embellished with a shower of scallops! Here's the deets:

Stamp Sets Used: CDS "Peony"
Cardstock & Papers: The Paper Company Studio "Spring Stained Glass" Designer Paper, Paper Trey White Cardstock, Swarthmore Watercolor Paper
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Markers: Copic Sketch Markers - BV01 Viola, BV11 Soft Violet, VB13 Hydrangea Blue, YG03 Yellow Green, YG67 Moss, G24 Willow, Sakura Gelly Roll Stardust Clear Pen
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Nestabilities Regular & Scalloped Octagonal Dies, Martha Stewart Dot Eyelet Border Punch, Karen Foster Click-It Hole Punch Kit, Sewing Machine, Thread, Adhesive, Stampin' Up! Dimensionals, Offray Satin Ribbon, Robin's Nest Dew Drops
Techniques: Basic Stamping, Machine Stitching, Paper Piercing, Paper Tole, Copic Coloring & Blending

8 comments:

Cassie said...

Ohh, these are colored so beautifully, Linda! I like how different each of your samples are. I really love your layout on the first card. . .you always come up with the greatest layouts!

Linda Anderson said...

What an outrageously stunning card Linda!! Love all the scallops and yummy colors!!

Linda

Kevin Renz said...

Linda,

Such gorgeous detail as always! I love how your first card opens up with the flower attached to the front! Exquisite!

Dawn B. said...

First I have to say that I love your Little Yellow Cottage. What a fantastic house. I am sure it is warm and cozy inside too. Secondly these are beautiful cards. I am really liking these images. Great job.. TFS

Chef Mama Lori said...

BOTH your cards are so beautiful! I can't decide which I like more, so go ahead & send them both to me. Bwahahahahaha! My dishes are called "Blue Peony" and perhaps I will get to use them soon.

I like the saying by Lady Bird. She did love her flowers. I wish I could take you on a tour of Central Texas during wildflower season, especially when the Bluebonnets are out. They are amazing & a beautiful reflection of our Creator's work.

Candy F. said...

Oh Linda both of these cards are gorgeous. I love the orange one -- almost looks like a poppy! The layout of that card is incredible.

Laurie Wilson said...

Such beautiful peony cards Linda! Just love the coloring of each one and the fancy details that are so "you" that you give them!

Lisa Lara said...

Another Beauty Linda. I love the colors you used.