Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Another Peek, Deer?


This Christmas card was created using the "It's Snowing" wheel stamp that will be released by Clear Dollar Stamp on November 1st. Clear Dollar Stamps has many stamp sets from which to choose if you're undecided about making your Christmas cards. Click on their link on my right sidebar to take you directly to their site.

Dimensions: 5"X5", Card opens from bottom
Stamps: Clear Dollar Stamps "It's Snowing" Stamp Wheel, Clear Dollar Stamps "Bountiful Branches" Stamp Set
Techniques: Basic Stamping, Sponging, Brayering, Heat Embossing
Paper: Colormates Medium Berry Red Cardstock, Paper Trey White Cardstock
Ink: Stampin Up! Real Red Ink, Adirondack Pitch Black Ink, Versamark Watermark Ink
Tools: Nestabilities Regular & Scalloped Oval Dies, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Karen Foster Click-It Hole Punch, Krylon Gold Leafing Pen, Signo White Gel Pen, Signo Red Gel Pen, Ranger Gold Embossing Powder, Popcorn Pen, Amercan Crafts Dimensionals, Tsukineko Sponge Daubers
Embellishments: American Crafts Jumbo Red Eyelet, Jolee's For You Reindeer and Star embellishment, Self-Adhesive Gold Beads, Brass Snowflake Charm, Michael's Gold Metallic Ribbon

Instructions:
I created this card for a Clear Dollar Stamps Sketch and "Make it Sparkle!" Challenges. To create this card, I cut a 5.5" inch square out of the Medium Berry Red and the White Cardstock, cutting each diagonally in half. I ran the white half through the Cuttlebug using the Swirls type embossing folder (I forget the name of the folder). The red half was stamped randomly using Clear Dollar Stamps "It's Snowing" wheel stamp using Versamark Watermark ink and then I embossed the snowflakes with Ranger Gold embossing powder and heating to set. I cut two oval mats using Netabilities scalloped and regular oval dies. Using a Krylon Gold Leafing Pen, I edged the white triangle mat, the red triangle mat, and the two oval mats. The reindeer is from a Jolee's For You embellishment. I glued the reindeer on the red oval mat, and then using a popcorn pen, I created "popcorn snow" and then heated it to make it raise it for dimension. I dot doodled around the edge of the red mat using a Signo White Gel Pen. The white scalloped mat was dot doodled around the scalloped edges using a Signo Red Gel Pen. I adhered the two oval mats together using American Crafts Dimensionals.

The sentiment is from another Clear Dollar Stamps set called "Bountiful Branches" and was stamped on white cardstock using Aidrondack Pitch Black ink. I lightly sponged around the inner edge of the sentiment using Stampin Up! Real Red ink and then using the same ink heavily sponged around the edge. On top of that, I edged with the Krylon Gold Leafing Pen. The sentiment was handcut using an Xacto knife and a straight edge and then anchored through the card layers with a jumbo red eyelet from Amercian Crafts.

To embellish, I threaded the gold metallic ribbon through the jumbo eyelet and wrapped around the card base, tying in a pretty bow. I added a brass snowflake charm using a Zot. Two self-adhesive gold beads were added to the upper left corner for interest and a glittery shooting star from the same Jolee's For You set was glued for the reindeer's interest. ; )

I dot doodled around both triangular mats with a Signo White Gel Pen. To finish, the card base was glued to a 5"x5" white cardstock lining.

5 comments:

Lorelie Kim said...

I LOVE the colors and the entire layout! You are too awesome providing such clear instructions! I love your work Linda!!

Joan Ervin said...

Very pretty....great colors on this and I love what your did with the challenge sketch!!! The sentiment with the gorgeous ribbon is beautiful, too!!!

Jami said...

This is gorgeous!! I love how you tied the ribbon! and that little star is very cool!
hugs, Jami

Linda Anderson said...

Beautiful indeed Linda!!! Love the colors you used and you have such a wonderful eye for detail!!!

Linda

Laurie Wilson said...

PRETTY and festive holiday card!