Sunday, May 4, 2014

Rainy Day Friend


I've got a different kind of design to share today. This card was born from a scrap of designer paper that I have had for 2 or more years. I only had one piece of it left so, how I cut it to fit this 5"x5" card was critical. After thinking through several layout options for the image, I decided to trim the paper as shown above...when done, I was not happy! I had my colored image cut out and ready to go and it just seemed off balance with a huge "white space" area in the left lower left. I toyed with different ideas to put in that space and after an hour or two, gave up and went to bed. The next day after a good night's sleep I decided to use a cloud die to fill that space and I had a few self-adhesive raindrops that I could use for embellishment. So I proceeded to stamp the sentiment (oh so carefully straight, which was stressful in itself...remember this was my last piece of this paper) and then after I placed the die-cut cloud in the corner along with the raindrop, I decided it needed a little pink bird to draw the eye into the sentiment. Can we say frustration with this card??? LOL

Below is a close-up of the colored image by Phindy's Place called "Rainy Day Friend". I masked the main image to sponge the background clouds using a cloud template.


Below, is the card interior. I used a Clear Dollar Stamps' set to stamp matching, coordinating umbrellas on the computer-generated sentiment. All-in-all, I think it came together, finally.

Okay, Here's the Deets:
Stamps: Phindy's Place "Rainy Day Friend" Digi, Paper Trey Ink "Everyday Classics", Clear Dollar Stamps "Blooming with Blessings", Computer-Generated Interior Sentiment
Papers & Cardstock: Making Memories "Umbrella Flutter", Doodlebug "Snips & Snails", Paper Trey Ink White Cardstock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black & Summer Sky, Stampin' Up! Pretty in Pink, Apricot Appeal
Tools: Cuttlebug, Spellbinders Circle & Decorative Circle Dies, Paper Trey Ink Cloud Die, Sewing Machine, Thread, Adhesives, Stampin' Up! Dimensionals, Sponge Dauber, Cloud Template
Copic Sketch Markers: RV000 Pale Purple, RV11 Pink, V05 Marigold, YR01 Peach Puff, YR04 Chrome Orange, YR12 Loquat, YR21 Cream, YG03 Yellow Green, YG67 Moss, BG14 Aqua, BG41 Powder Blue, E31 Brick Beige, E34 Orientale, 0 Colorless Blender
Embellishments: Doodlebug Button, Baker's Twine, Self-Adhesive Raindrop
Techniques: Stamping, Digi Printing, Machine Stitching, Sponging, Masking

Thanks for visiting...I always love to hear your thoughts and comments.

No comments: