Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Nautical Fun

 
Click On Any Picture to View Larger

Well, it certainly was nice to work on a card that didn't take days and days on end, like the last one! I bought a new (well, new to me) stamp from There She Goes Stamps, called "Float My Boat" by their illustrator Torico and as soon as it arrived in the mail, I was inking that cute image up. I love all of Torico's illustrations and hope that There She Goes Stamps never, never lets her go!

I decided to go with a nautical color scheme and envisoned, a pale lime green, pale aqua, bright red and royal blue and all the elements just flowed like the ocean. I curved the "Ahoy Matey" polymer stamp on the acrylic mount to ge the curved sentiment over the image. The little flag is stamped twice, one on the main image, and another cut out and popped up on Stampin' Up! Dimensionals for 3D fun. The corner larger green button was created by tying down the green button then affixing the royal blue metal star brad to the top of the button with Zots. I don't know if you can see the embossed pale aqua background but I used a Cuttlebug circles embossing folder for that.

 
Pictured above is the interior of the card with a computer-generated sentiment and coordinating papers and layout. I added another metal star brad to add a nautical touch to the interior. Below is a closeup of the main image:
 


Here's the Deets:
Stamp: There She Goes "Float My Boat"
Papers & Cardstock: October Afternoon "Seaside" Paper Collection, Various Paper Trek Ink and Clear Dollar Stamps Cardstock Solids
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Tools & Embellishments: Cuttlebug, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Paper Trey Ink Border Die, Martha Stewart Circle Punch, EK Success Corner Rounder Punch, Sewing Machine, Thread, Embroidery Thread, Stampin' Up! Dimensionals, Adhesives, Zots, Doodlebug Buttons, Star Brads, Ellen Hutson "Freebie" Ribbon, Computer-Generated Interior Sentiment.
Copic Sketch Markers: RV000 Pale Pink, RV23 Pure Pink, R02 Flesh, R08 Vermillion, YR21 Cream, YG03 Yellow Green, YG94 Grayish Olive, E25 Caribe Cocoa, E31 Brick Beige, B32 Pale Blue, B41 Powder Blue, BG11 Moon White, BG15 Aqua, BG45 Nile Blue, C2 & C5 Cool Greys, 0 Colorless Blender
Techniques: Copic Coloring & Blending, Machine Stitching
 
 Thanks for looking and visiting! I always love comments, thoughts and hello's!
 
 
 

3 comments:

Lisa Summerhays said...

Adorable! I'm digging the nautical theme. The colors pop. First time I've seen this stamp too. Loving it.

Sue from Oregon said...

Lovely nautical creation!!!!!!!

There She Goes Clear Stamps said...

So cute Linda, thanks for sharing!