Tuesday, July 28, 2009

For my second sample of "Under the Sea", I wanted to ink up that seahorse and color him with my Copic Sketch Markers. I had yet, one more CDS Design Team Challenge to do: to not use any designer paper, but to make your own. So, when I saw the adorable seashells and starfish in this set, I knew that they would make great background paper Once I colored the starfish and seashells, they sort of set the color scheme for this card and I color-coordinated most of the other elements in the main stamped image. After coloring my starfish, I took my trusty Sakura Stardust Glitter Gel Pen and outlined all the swirls and twirls on the seahorse, as well as outlined the coral and the seaweed. I embellished with my favorite "bling", KaiserCraft Self-Adhesive "Bliss" Pearls...because every sea needs a few pearls. There are other fab card designs using this set by my fellow CDS Design Team Members: Candy Fosta, Stacy Morgan, Cassie Trask, Kim Teasdale & Laurie Wilson. "Under the Sea" releases August 1st and can be purchased at www.cleardollarstamps.com. To see the complete stamp sheet, visit Lori McCroskey's blog.

Stamps: CDS "Under the Sea" & "Smooth Sailing" (sentiment)
Cardstock & Papers: ColorMates Pretty in Pink and Light Orange Dream Cardstock, Paper Trey White Cardstock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
Markers: Copic Sketch Markers - RV11 Pink, RV23 Pure Pink, YR01 Peach Puff, YR16 Apricot, YR21 Cream, B00 Frost Blue, BG000 Pale Aqua, BG11 Moon White, YG63 Pea Green, YG67 Moss, E00 Skin White, E25 Caribe Cocoa, E31 Birch Beige, E34 Orientale. Other Markers - Sakura Clear Stardust Gel Pen, Sakura Micron .01 Fine Tip Black Marker
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, Long Curved Rectangle Dies, Cuttlebug "Swirls" Embossing Folder, Martha Stewart Zig-Zag Border Punch, Sewing Machine, Thread, Adhesive, Stampin' Up! Dimensionals, Clear Dollar Stamps Pink Velvet Ribbon, KaiserCraft Clear Self-Adhesive Rhinestones, KaiserCraft "Bliss" Self-Adhesive Pearls.
Techniques: Basic Stamping, Copic Coloring & Machine Stitching
CDS Challenge: No Designer Paper, Create Your Own DP Using CDS Stamps

6 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

So very fun! I really like the layout and coloring on this one too! Okay I love them all.. surprised. lol

Linda Anderson said...

Absolutely stunning Linda!!!! Love your background and such yummy coloring!!

Linda

Dawn B. said...

This is going to be such a fun set. I love the colors you used Linda. What great peeks. TFS

Cassie said...

Wow what a fun scene, Linda! Your coloring is so wonderful ;D

auntbeespickles said...

Linda, Linda, Linda, you always amaze me!! Love the bling on the seaweed and the ribbon! Great thinking!!

Candy F. said...

Wow - the coloring, bling, paper, and designs of all these cards are wonderful. You are so creative.