Would you believe I had to whip out another card in a hurry? Whew! My Little Sister on SCS (Divine Secret Siblings) needed some happy mail, so I had to get crackin' and whip up something. I decided to use my new Clear Dollar Stamps Set "Deer Wishes". It is their Stamp of the Month Set for November, and if you order $50.00 or more, the Stamp of the Month Set is free! I love the deer's dear sweet face (no pun intended!). Okay, now for the deets:
Dimensions: 5"X5", Card opens from the bottom
Stamps: Clear Dollar Stamps "Deer Wishes" Stamp Set
Techniques: Basic Stamping, Background Stamping, Prismacoloring with Mineral Spirits, Sponging, Machine Stitching
Paper: DCWV Winter Glitter Mat Stack, Colormates Medium Berry Red & Deep Teal, Paper Trey White Cardstock
Ink: Stampin Up! Baja Blue Ink and Stazon Black Ink
Tools: Cuttlebug, Cuttlebug Snowflake Embossing Folder, Cuttlebag Tags Die Cuts, Karen Foster Click-It Hole Punch, Krylon Gold Leafing Pen, Signo White Gel Pen, Signo Black Gel Pen, Sakura Stardust Glitter Pen, Sakura Souffle Pen, Amercan Crafts Dimensionals, Tsukineko Sponge Daubers
Embellishments: Hero Arts Snowflake Brad, American Crafts Brads, Scrapworks Alphadots Sentiment & Conch, Michael's Holiday Ribbon
The card base was cut from Colormates Deep Teal cardstock to 5"x5". I embossed that square using the Cuttlebug and the Snowflake embossing folder. Next, I cut a 4.5"x4.5" square mat out of the DCWV Glitter Mat Stack using a piece of white glittered cardstock. Another square mat 4.25"x4.25" was cut using the Colormates Medium Berry Red cardstock, and another square mat using the DCWV Glitter Mat Stack was cut with an aqua and white chevron/snowflake/stripe patterned piece of cardstock to 4"x4". I machine stitched around all 4 sides on the deep teal and the aqua and white patterned square mats.
The image was stamped using Stazon Black ink on Paper Trey's gorgeous White Cardstock. I prismacolored the image using mineral spirits and blending stumprs. I cut out the image using the Nestabilities regular square die and then made a scalloped square mat using the Nestabilities scalloped square die set. I sponged around the edge of the stamped image with Stampin Up! Baja Ink. I "dotted" the background sky using a Tsukineko spong dauber lightly. I added some dimension to the ground simulating snow with a Sakura Souffle pen. I retraced the snowflake stamped images using a Sakura Stardust Glitter pen to add some sparkle. I added a little "Stardust" to the little cardinal, as well. I dot doodled around the image using a Signo Black Gel Pen and then dot doodled around the red scalloped mat using a Signo White Gel Pen. The stamped image was popped up on American Crafts Dimensionals and then adhered to the red scalloped mat, which was also popped up on Dimensionals on the center square aqua & white patterned mat.
The sentiment was from an old stash of Scrapworks Alphadots. These are chipboard preprinted circles that you just punch out and put inside a matching size metal "conch". The Scrapworks conch was silver in color, and since I wanted to use a ribbon edged in metallic gold, I decided to paint the conch using a Krylon Gold Leafing Pen! I added dot doodles around the parameter of the sentiment using a Signo Black Gel Pen. The sentiment slide was created using a Cuttlebug Tag/Slide die set out of the Colormates Medium Berry Red cardstock. I dot doodled around the sentiment slide using a Signo White Gel Pen. I attached the sentiment and conch to the sentiment slide and slide my red holiday & gold edged ribbon behind the slide and anchored to the back of the card. I added two bow knots and added a white piece of organza ribbon on each bow knot.
To embellish and balance the card elements, I added 2 red brads from American Crafts and one white snowflake brad from Hero Arts to bring the eye to the sentiment. I dot doodled around the red mat using a Signo White Gel Pen. The card was finished by gluing the card base to a 5"x5" white cardstock lining.